Marion Ravenwood - Nepal

First up is Marion Ravenwood.

While her Cairo costume is probably the more iconic of her outfits, I have always had a special place in my heart for her Nepal barkeeper costume.

Shirt
This is by far one of the hardest pieces I have ever tried to track down. As seen in the pictures below, she has a striped button-down shirt with large sleeves rolled up to a 3/4 length.


 The lighting seems to vary the color palette a bit. In some pictures, you can clearly see the various shades of green, but in others maybe some blue and gray tones. There are also embroidered lions running down the length of the shirt. I have seen other Marion cosplayers just go with a solid color, which is okay but the stripes help add some depth and interest to The Raven's fiery barkeeper's ensemble.

To my knowledge, no one is making a reproduction of this, though I do recall seeing a Marion cosplayer that handpainted the stripes and lions!
Seeing as that is a bit beyond my level of patience and skill, I opted for an alternative.
Thanks to a cosplay group on Facebook, there was another Marion who found a great alternative to the Nepal shirt. There is an Ann Taylor blouse that works surprisingly well, unfortunately, there was no particular name listed for the design and it took a fair amount of digging through the internet to find another one.
The shirt I finally found thanks to Poshmark
Comparison between the actual shirt and the Ann Taylor one


Poshmark.com is a great website if you're trying to track down something from a particular brand name. eBay is also useful as I was able to track down another shirt for another Marion. Keywords to check were "blue green striped paisley blouse".

Pants
The Nepal pants seem to be a brown/grey herringbone high waisted wide-legged trousers. 

I was able to thrift a pair of pants at a local thrift store, but I have since been shown a better alternative.
Here is a link to the pants I was recommended. As of posting this, they are not in stock, but they can be found floating around eBay every now and then.

https://www.vivienofholloway.com/women-c70/trousers-c14/1940s-swing-trousers-beach-stone-p1664

Scarf
It's been tricky trying to get good reference images of her scarf since it's tied around her neck, but it appears to be a two-toned green scarf with a floral design. The scarf I grabbed was another lucky Poshmark find, a green floral infinity scarf from Urban Outfitters. I cut the scarf so it wasn't one continuous piece and cut it down the middle so it wasn't as thick.

Pictured Left: Actual scarf
Pictured Right: Poshmark listing


Headpiece of the Staff of Ra


The headpiece is possibly one of the favorite things in my possession. My husband bought mine as an anniversary gift from RelicMaker on RPF and even pieced the necklace portion together for me.

 There are two smaller chains that connect the headpiece to the necklace itself, so we found some premade bracelets and a necklace at Hobby Lobby. The stone beads and the coin were also found at Hobby Lobby and attached with wire.
The piece is definitely heavier than I was expecting it to be, but I love the way it turned out.

My costume

I am sad to say that I don't have many pictures of my completed costume. The most recent picture I have does not have the new pants included (or the modified scarf). Once I have it all together I will post them here, but in the meantime here is what it looks like so far.


Thanks for reading! Next will be a breakdown of my Star Wars Celebration costume. Cheers!
-DS

Comments

  1. Nice Job with this!…ran across this and have been trying find the shirt to shoot a scene…As you still might be the only person that his this, was wondering if you would be interested in working on a quick filler shot for a Raider extended fan edit …would only require you having someone video you from behind sitting (shoulder up) … maybe 3-5 sec with anything really - phone footage works, since I can composite later..would be shot taking off the median from behind(any chain is fine but I think you have an actual medallion.) It's a missing shot from Raiders that would be nice to have..can explain more via email …if interest reach out to me at
    kg1997thx1138@gmail.com

    or join and PM my profile at original trilogy
    https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Raiders-Of-The-Lost-Ark-X-The-Extended-Cut/id/106608#1563351

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts